Saturday, April 4, 2009

Responsibility and Society

This word means so much to some and so little to others. I personally have had a job for going on four years now. So I know a little something about responsibility, Don't come late, do your job, don't talk on your cell phone, etc. But recently there has been a very odd struggle going on in my mind about whether or not responsibility really matters among society anymore. All anyone really needs to do to get by is offer a sincere or a fake apology and most people take it. It sickens me to see how our society has declined so much in recent years. Most people don't care whether a person is incredibly smart or a complete idiot anymore. The whole world is based around a favoritism concept, If someone likes you or if you suck up to a "higher up" it will get you so much farther then actually being qualified for a given task. I see hundreds of people who I don't believe belong in our so called "Modern Society", But by some unknown reason they are still here. Now I'm not saying that everyone in the world isn't qualified, I'm saying that there are more qualified people that deserve better treatment.

5 comments:

  1. I agree the word Responsibility is very important to me. Everyday I try to become more and more responsible

    ReplyDelete
  2. -I like thi blod entry because your thoughts are in it, and you use alot of goood words..!

    -mikea lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like an old man here, complaining about the younger generation. Hee, hee. Responsibilty does matter. Your work experience will prove valuable. Just be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do sound responsible, did you quote this from someone or get it from a book, because just like Clary said you do sound like an Old Man. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah with the way the world is today it seems like responsibilty doesn't matter anymore...

    ReplyDelete